How We Use Your Data
Data Collected & Purpose of Collection
- We collect information to deal with your queries, guide and enhance your online experience, supply you with information in which you have expressed an interest and for record keeping. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You have the option to elect not to receive marketing information (from us, our business partners or selected third parties) and also to tag your account as non marketable to prevent exchange of the data collected with third parties.
- You acknowledge that many parts of the service provided on the Site may be provided by third-party service providers and not by us. You consent to us transferring your information to such third-party service providers for the purposes of dealing with your queries, orders and for record keeping.
- To assist you with your promotions and marketing and tailor our service to your needs we will ask you for feedback, about your business and any information you may require. Supply of this information is optional and not mandatory. All this data will be stored so we can effectively meet your needs.
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information held about you at any time by contacting us. We may charge a small fee for this.
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check such policies before submitting any information to these websites.
What are cookies
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Managing cookies’ information below of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent EU e-Privacy legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Flash cookies (or Local Shared Objects)
Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they’re managed differently by your browser.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies you’ll be unable to access certain site functionality – and you may be limited to browsing and researching and may not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
Further information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
Google Chrome – Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 – Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
Settings above Medium will disable cookies
Mozilla Firefox – Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
Then select the Privacy icon
Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
Safari – Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX – Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX – Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX – Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
Opera – Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers – Please consult your documentation or online help files.
Comments or Questions?
If you need further information about Boston Blinds, please get in touch with us via email, phone or through our website – Contact Us.